and Programmatic Materials
Growing Ideas: A Journal of Garden-Based Learning. 1990.
This publication was published as a free resource for teachers. If you or any educators you know would like to recieve a copy, contact the National Gardening Association, Department of Education, 180 Flynn Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401, (802) 863-1308.
- Best Kids Garden Book. 1992. Sunset Publishing Company. Menlo Park, CA 94025.
- Children's Gardens: A Handbook for Teachers, Parents, and Volunteers. 1992. Common Ground Garden Program, 2615 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90007.
- Gardening for Children: A Handbook. 1984. Brooklyn Botanic Garden Record. 1000 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225.
- Grow Lab Series. 1990. National Gardening Association, Department B, 180 Flynn Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401.
- Growing Plants in School. 1990. Bernard Salt. Journal of Biological Education; Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 103-107.
- Hands-On Whole Science. 1991. Sandra Markle, Instructor. Vol. 100, No. 7, pp. 48-49, 54-55.
- Herbs and Children: An Herbal Handbook. 1990. Western Reserve Herb Society, 152 South Main Street, Chagrin Falls, OH 44022.
- How-To-Do-It: Green Jeans Horticulture. 1989. Richard A. Menger. American Biology Teacher, Vol. 51, No.1, pp. 32-34.
- Leescapes: School Campus Improvement Guide. Lee County Landscape/Playground Improvement Program. 1986. William Hammond, et al. Publications, Department of Environmental Education, Lee County Schools, 2055 Central Avenue, Fort Myers, FL 33901.
- Let's Grow! 1988. Linda Tilgner. Storey Communications, Inc., Pownal, VT 05261.
- Living Lightly in the City. An Urban Environmental Education Curriculum Guide. Volumes 1 and 2. 1983. Maura O'Connor. Schlitz Audubon Center, 1111 East Brown Deer Road, Milwaukee, WI 53217.
- Multicultural Arts: An Infusion. 1991. Elizabeth Wilderberger. School Library Media Activities Monthly, Vol. 7, No. 9, pp. 26-28, 41.
- Planting Seeds, Growing Minds. 1991. California Association of Nurserymen, 1419 21st Street, Sacramento, CA 95814.
- School Garden Manuel. 1993. Marny Smith and June Plecan. Save the Children, 54 Wilton Road, P.O. Box 950, Westport, CT 06880.
- Schoolyard Garden Design. 1992. Alison Clarke. Rural Urban Garden Program, 243 Rosedale Street, Rochester, NY 14607.
- The Big Green Schoolhouse. 1991. Emily Stetson. Educational Leadership, Vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 34-35.
- The Growing Classroom: Garden-Based Science. 1990. Roberta Jaffe and Gary Appel. Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., One Jacob Way, Reading, MA 01867.
- The National Gardening Association's Guide to Kids' Gardening. 1992. E. Pranis and L. Ocone. John Wiley and Sons, 605 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10158.
- A Kid's Book of Gardening with Greenhouse and Seeds. 1990. Derek Fell. Courage Books, Running Press. 96 pages. Ages 2 and up.
- Greening in the City Streets: The Story of Community Gardening. 1990. Barbara Huff. 80 pages. Grades 3 through 7.
to Children's Gardening Resources