Rent the Hahn Horticulture Garden
We offer broad lawns and beautiful flowers, right on campus! Your caterer of choice can work out of the Pavilion kitchen, and there are several lovely lawn locations for tents. Please remember that this is a public garden - however, in the past, garden visitors have been very respectful of special events.
The Peggy Lee Hahn Garden Pavilion is ideal for small receptions and retreats (fewer than 50 people); larger events can be hosted under tents up to 40' x 60' on the tent lawn.
Is there anything more romantic than a garden wedding? No!
(and think of the money you'll save on flowers).
* The Pavilion multi-purpose room seats 50 people, max. If your event hosts from 51 to 150 people and rain is even a remote possibilty, you'll need to rent a tent.
* Holding your wedding or special event at the HHG helps our garden grow. We receive no operations budget from VT and are entirely self-supporting. We pay monthly fees such as phone, ethernet, and housekeeping, as well as hourly wages to students to monitor the Pavilion during events. Proceeds from weddings, events, plant sales, and our Friends of the Garden membership program provides funds for maintenance, new plants, student worker wages, and much, much more! For more information, please call 540-231-5970 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekend Fees (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday):
High Season (April 1 - July 31): $1750
Late Summer/Fall Season (August 1- October 31): $1500
Low Season (November 1- March 31): $750
Weekday Fees (Monday - Thursday):
Pavilion only - limited to 50 people, no tent: $350
Garden + Pavilion - more than 50 people (tent required): $500
Fridays Garden + Pavilion: $1000
Virginia Tech units: Call 231-5970 for our discounted internal user fees (receptions, meetings, and retreats for Virginia Tech organizations, colleges, and other units)
Note that for weekend use, an additional $250 cleaning/damage deposit is required and will be refunded within 7 days if not needed.
Download our 2012-2013 Wedding Guide (PDF) - lots of information and answers to FAQs!
The garden features hundreds of species of woody and herbaceous plants from around the world, showcased in various features: a multi-acre shade garden, “hot” perennial border, spectrum mixed border, xeriphytic garden, two water features including the Jane Andrews Memorial Stream Garden, Pavilion tent lawn and folly, meadow garden (new in 2008), Peggy Lee Hahn Garden Pavilion (special event facility and staff offices).
Pavilion Dimensions and Amenties
The Peggy Lee Hahn Garden Pavilion, completed June 9, 2006, offers a delightful staging area for weddings and other special events held in the garden. French doors open from the 660 sq. ft. multipurpose room to an ample porch and the lawn beyond. The entire building is ADA compliant, including kitchen and restrooms. Front entrance and porch is "on grade" for easy access from surrounding area.
* Interior total including offices and restrooms: 2,200sq. ft.
* Multipurpose room interior: 26' x 25' . 660 sq. ft.
* French doors open to surrounding porch (under roof): three sides at 7' deep . 400 sq. ft.
* Multipurpose area under roof including room and porch: 1,060 sq. ft. * Hall, lobby, and entrance alcove (can be used as overflow for multipurpose room) . 320 sq. ft.
* Total covered public space available for staging event . 1,380 sq. ft. (includes hall, lobby, alcove, multipurpose room, and covered porch).
* Galley kitchen: 12' x 9', 108 sq. ft. (includes electric range and stove, sinks, and refrigerator).
* Restrooms: Men's has one handicapped-accessible stall and two urinals.Women's has three stalls (one handicapped-accessible).
* High and low drinking fountains near restrooms.
* Small changing room (54 sq. ft.) accessible from women's restroom.
* Multipurpose room has two recessed work areas with counter tops; one with double sink. - Can be exposed or hidden behind aluminum doors.
* All interior spaces have full climate control (heating and cooling).
* Two ceiling fans in the hall and two in the multipurpose room.
* Recessed lighting throughout, including porch.
* We do not, at this time, provide tables, chairs, or tents.
* You must obtain an ABC permit to serve alcoholic beverages (many area caterers already have the license)
* Campus regulations require that you obtain a tent permit 30 days before the event through VT Facilities for tents larger than 900 sq ft. - go to http://www.facilities.vt.edu/tent.asp
For more information, please call 540-231-5970 or e-mail email@example.com.